MYERS CELEBRATES CHAMPIONSHIP AT CHARLOTTE
Veteran Wins Second Title: Preece Wins Race
Preece made an impressive pass by George Brunnhoelzl
III and went on to win the Bad Boy Off Road Southern
Slam 150 Thursday night on the quarter-mile track at
Charlotte Motor Speedway for his third win on the
While Preece celebrated the win, Burt Myers enjoyed
winning his second NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified
Tour championship. Myers, also scored his first tour
title in 2010 at CMS, won three times on the 2016
schedule and held the lead throughout the season.
The Walnut Cove, N.C. driver entered the season
finale just needing to take the green flag to
celebrate and deny Andy Seuss a third straight
Brunnhoelzl held on to finish second in the race and
also pass Seuss for second in the final standings.
James Civali finished third in the race with Danny
Bohn and Bobby Measmer Jr. completing the top five.
Burt Myers was sixth followed by Seuss, Kyle
Bonsignore, Jason Myers, and Trey Hutchens III
completed the top 10.
Bonsignore also secured the Sunoco Rookie of the
Year Award competing in every race on the schedule.
The Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 will be
televised on NBCSN on Friday, Oct. 14 at 3:30 p.m.
Burt Myers is the third champion to be crowned in
the NASCAR Touring division and he’ll join the other
six touring and weekly series champions from across
the globe on Saturday, Dec. 10 in Charlotte for the
NASCAR Night of Champions Touring Awards
The event will be held at the NASCAR Hall of Fame at
the Charlotte Convention Center for the seventh
NASCAR Whelen Southern
Bad Boy Off Road Southern Slam 150 Results
Thursday At Charlotte Motor Speedway Quarter-Mile, Concord, N.C.
Lap length: 0.25 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (6) Ryan Preece, Berlin, Conn., Chevrolet, 150 laps,
2. (1) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y.,
3. (9) James Civali, Meriden, Conn., Pontiac, 150.
4. (8) Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 150.
5. (7) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (5) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
7. (3) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (11) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 150.
9. (12) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
10. (14) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
11. (4) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 149.
12. (2) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 149.
13. (10) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 147.
14. (16) Shawn Balluzo, Newport News, VA, Chevrolet, 147.
15. (15) Dalton Baldwin, Dunedin, Fla., Chevrolet, 116, handling.
16. (13) A.J. Winstead, Bon Air, Va., Chevrolet, 70, handling.
Time of Race: 49 minutes 4 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.945 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: G. Brunnhoelzl III (61.071 mph, 14.737
Caution Flags: 6 for 26 laps.
Lead Changes: 7 among 2 drivers.
Lap Leaders: G. Brunnhoelzl III 1-25; R. Preece 26; G.
Brunnhoelzl III 27-36; R. Preece 37; G. Brunnhoelzl III 38-102; R. Preece
103-136; G. Brunnhoelzl III 137; R. Preece 138-150.
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 465; 2. G. Brunnhoelzl III, 445; 3. A.
Seuss, 442; 4. D. Bohn, 432; 5. B. Measmer Jr., 426; 6. J. Myers, 418; 7. K.
Bonsignore, 401; 8. J. Gerstner, 379; 9. K. Ebersole, 310; 10. G. Putnam,
Tim Southers /
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
October 6, 2016