BURT MYERS SCORES WIN AT BOWMAN GRAY STADIUM
Gets Lead Late, Hold Off Brother for Emotional Victory
Myers is no stranger to winning races at Bowman Gray
Stadium as the third-generation driver is closing in
on his seventh track championship, but it had been a
long time since he celebrated in Victory Lane after
a NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour race. Not
Myers took the top spot after leader Kyle Ebersole
and Danny Bohn got together on a restart on Lap 161
and held off his brother Jason to win the
Strutmasters.com 199 Saturday for his third win of
the season and first tour win at the Stadium since
Myers qualified eighth and slowly made his way up
through the field in the first half of the race
until he was in the top three after the fifth of six
caution flags was given to the field on Lap 156.
Andy Seuss rebounded from being involved in a
caution on Lap 57 to finish third with Bobby Measmer
Jr. and Gary Putnam completing the top five.
Ebersole won his first Coors Light Pole Award and
led the first 67 laps of the race before Bohn, who
qualified third, jumped to the lead for the first
time on Lap 68. The duo exchanged the lead one more
time before their incident on Lap 161.
Bohn, who was going for his third straight win at
Bowman Gray in this race, led 77 laps before his
contact with Ebersole, who led a race-high 84 laps.
With the win, Myers continues his quest for a second
tour championship with a 17-point lead over Andy
Seuss (268-251) with George Brunnhoelzl III third at
243. Brunnhoelzl finished 14th after getting
collected in an accident on a Lap 58 restart and was
unable to continue the race.
The Strutmasters.com 199 will air on NBCSN on
Friday, Aug. 26 at 11 a.m. ET.
The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour returns to
action on Wednesday, Aug. 17 in the Bush’s Beans 150
combination race with the NASCAR Whelen Modified
Tour at Bristol Motor Speedway in Brostol, Tenn.
NASCAR Whelen Southern
Modified Tour-Strutmasters.com 199 Results
Saturday At Bowman Gray Stadium, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Lap length: 0.25 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (8) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 199 laps, 42.042
2. (9) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 199.
3. (5) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 199.
4. (6) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 199.
5. (15) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 199.
6. (13) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 195.
7. (16) Shawn Balluzo, Newport News, VA, Chevrolet, 195.
8. (17) Austin Pickens, Orlando, Fla., Chevrolet, 193.
9. (7) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet,
10. (1) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 183, electrical.
11. (3) Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 161, accident.
12. (10) JR Bertuccio, Centereach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 155, handling.
13. (2) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 153.
14. (4) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y., Chevrolet,
15. (14) Dalton Baldwin, Dunedin, Fla., Chevrolet, 48, accident.
16. (12) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 36, accident.
17. (11) James Civali, Meriden, Conn, Pontiac, 34, rear end.
Time of Race: 1 hour 11 minutes 0 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.967 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: K. Ebersole (67.204 mph, 13.392 seconds)
Caution Flags: 6 for 43 laps.
Lead Changes: 7 among 4 drivers.
Lap Leaders: K. Ebersole 1-67; D. Bohn 68; K. Ebersole 69-71; D. Bohn
72-147; K. Ebersole 148-161; B. Myers 162-167; J. Myers 168; B. Myers
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 268; 2. A. Seuss, 251; 3. G. Brunnhoelzl III,
243; 4. J. Myers, 232; 5. D. Bohn, 228; 6. B. Measmer Jr., 227; 7. K.
Bonsignore, 211; 8. G. Putnam, 211; 9. K. Ebersole, 195; 10. J. Gerstner,
Tim Southers /
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
August 6, 2016