SEUSS GETS BACK TO BUSINESS AT CARAWAY
Fast Pit Stop Gives Defending Champion First Win of Season
Seuss will take a win any way he can get it and that
was the case Friday at Caraway Speedway.
Seuss was able to take the lead in the pits during
the second caution of the race. Once he got the lead
he was able to hold off a strong J.R. Bertuccio to
score his first win of the season taking the Davis
Bertuccio appeared to have the best car of the field
after he started from the front row winning his
first Coors Light Pole Award of the season during
The Centereach, N.Y. native swapped the lead with
Danny Bohn on Lap 4 and retook the top spot on Lap
10 as he built leads by as much as 15 car lengths.
Bertuccio led until the second caution of the race
for debris was given to the field on Lap 118. Seuss
took the lead on Lap 120 after pit stops with George
Brunnhoelzl III second and Bertuccio third.
Bertuccio was able to quickly get past Brunnhoelzl
but could never get beside Seuss to try and make a
pass for the lead.
Brunnhoelzl came home third with Burt Myers – who
entered the day trying for his third consecutive win
at Caraway – fourth and Bobby Measmer Jr. fifth.
Rounding out the top-10 was Jeremy Gerstner, Kyle
Bosignore, Danny Bohn, Gary Putnam and Bobby
The win also moved Seuss into a tie with Brunnhoelzl
for the most tour wins at Caraway with 12 and the
Hampstead, New Hampshire native now has 22 career
The 2010 champion maintains his points lead with an
eight-point advantage over Brunnhoelzl (221-213)
with Seuss third at 210.
The southern tour will return to action with its
annual stop to historic Bowman Gray Stadium on
Saturday, Aug. 6 for the Strutmasters.com 199.
NASCAR Whelen Southern
Modified Tour - Davis Roofing 150 Results
Saturday At Caraway Speedway, Sophia, N.C.
Lap length: 0.455 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (5) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150 laps,
2. (1) JR Bertuccio, Centereach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
3. (7) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y.,
4. (6) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
5. (2) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 150.
6. (9) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 150.
7. (4) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 150.
8. (3) Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 150.
9. (8) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 149.
10. (11) Trey Hutchens, III, Winston-Salem, N.C., Chevrolet, 149.
11. (10) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 57, suspension.
12. (12) Shawn Balluzzo, Newport News, VA, Chevrolet, 15, handling.
Time of Race: 48 minutes 4 seconds
Margin of Victory: 0.338 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: J. Bertuccio (101.399 mph, 16.154 seconds)
Caution Flags: 2 for 10 laps.
Lead Changes: 3 among 3 drivers.
Lap Leaders: J. Bertuccio 1-3; D. Bohn 4-9; J. Bertuccio 10-119; A.
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 221; 2. G. Brunnhoelzl III, 213; 3. A. Seuss,
210; 4. D. Bohn, 194; 5. J. Myers, 189; 6. B. Measmer Jr., 187; 7. K.
Bonsignore, 180; 8. G. Putnam, 172; 9. J. Gerstner, 166; 10. K. Ebersole,
Tim Southers /
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
April 17, 2016