MYERS MAKES IT COUNT AT CARAWAY
Veteran Maintains Points Lead After Second Win Of Season
the start he's had to the 2016 NASCAR Whelen
Southern Modified Tour season Burt Myers probably
wishes the annual spring break wasn't around the
Myers, who recorded only two wins in his previous 54
starts at Caraway Speedway, was able to hold off his
brother Jason on a green-white-checkered finish to
score his second straight win at the track.
Danny Bohn won the Coors Light Pole Award and led
the first six laps of the race before Burt Myers was
able to get past him and stay out front until he
made a pit stop during the first caution of the race
on Lap 107.
After pit stops Burt Myers remained in the top-five
until he was able to pass Bohn once again for the
lead on Lap 145 just before Bryan Dauzat brought out
the third and final caution of the race on Lap 146
to set up the finish.
Burt held a slight led over Jason after they took
the white flag as Dauzat spun in Turn 3 ending the
Bohn came home third with Andy Seuss and George
Brunnhoelzl III completing the top five.
Rounding out the top-10 was Kyle Bonsignore, J.R.
Bertuccio, Kyle Ebersole, Bobby Measmer Jr. and
The Dogwood 150 was the fourth consecutive race this
season with at least five or more lead changes with
Burt Myers leading the most laps with 107.
The 2010 champion maintains his points lead with a
nine-point advantage over Brunnhoelzl (181-172) with
Seuss third at 163.
The southern tour will now take a break until it
returns to Caraway Speedway on July 1.
NASCAR Whelen Southern
Modified Tour - Dogwood 150 Results
Saturday At Caraway Speedway, Sophia, N.C.
Lap length: 0.455 miles
(Start position in parentheses)
1. (2) Burt Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150 laps, 77.729
2. (5) Jason Myers, Walnut Cove, N.C., Ford, 150.
3. (1) Danny Bohn, Freehold, NJ, Chevrolet, 150.
4. (3) Andy Seuss, Hampstead, N.H., Chevrolet, 150.
5. (4) George Brunnhoelzl, III, West Babylon, N.Y.,
6. (10) Kyle Bonsignore, Bay Shore, NY, Chevrolet, 150.
7. (6) JR Bertuccio, Centereach, N.Y., Chevrolet, 150.
8. (8) Kyle Ebersole, Hummelstown, Pa., Ford, 150.
9. (12) Bobby Measmer, Jr., Concord, N.C., Chevrolet, 149.
10. (9) Bryan Dauzat, Alexandria, La., Chevrolet, 148.
11. (7) Gary Putnam, Vernon, Conn., Chevrolet, 147.
12. (11) Richie Pallai Jr., Yorktown Heights, N.Y., Pontiac, 130, engine.
13. (14) Jeremy Gerstner, Wesley Chapel, FL, Chevrolet, 114, oil leak.
14. (13) Austin Pickens, Orlando, Fla., Chevrolet, 103, accident.
Time of Race: 52 minutes 41 seconds
Margin of Victory: 1.662 seconds
Fastest Qualifier: D. Bohn (102.767 mph, 15.939 seconds)
Caution Flags: 4 for 21 laps.
Lead Changes: 5 among 4 drivers.
Lap Leaders: D. Bohn 1-6; B. Myers 7-107; G. Brunnhoelzl III 108; J.
Bertuccio 109-114; D. Bohn 115-144; B. Myers 145-150.
Standings: 1. B. Myers, 181; 2. G. Brunnhoelzl III, 172; 3. A. Seuss,
163; 4. D. Bohn, 157; 5. J. Myers, 156; 6. B. Measmer Jr., 148; 7. K.
Bonsignore, 143; 8. G. Putnam, 137; 9. R. Pallai Jr., 131; 10. K. Ebersole,
Tim Southers /
NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
April 17, 2016